We are committed to reducing our impact on the environment.
It is our policy to manage all aspects of our business, which have the potential to cause harm to the environment. Our commitment is set out below:
- Reduce the consumption of fossil fuels at the shopping centre;
- Reduce the consumption of electricity at the shopping centre;
- Ensure none of our waste materials are sent to Landfill;
- Increase on-site segregation of mixed recyclable materials;
- Reduce the level of general waste which is produced at the shopping centre;
- Efficiently run the waste collection service to ensure vehicle emissions are kept to a minimum;
- Offer a local recycling point for members of the public to recycle paper, cardboard, mobile phones, chewing gum, batteries, ink cartridges and tin cans;
- Offer a drop-off point for the local community foodbank;
- Employ members of the local community;
- Where sub-contractors are employed, and it is feasible to do so, ensure they are located within a 15-mile radius of the shopping centre;
- Use the profile of the shopping centre to assist local charities and community groups to raise funds and raise their own profiles in the local community;
- Support and help improve the town centre and the environment in which we reside for future generations;
- Continually look for ways to reduce our environmental impact in the future.
If you would like to know any more about our sustainability policy, or any of the initiatives that sit underneath it – please get in touch.