Following our last statement issued on 17th March there have been ongoing developments with the Coronavirus outbreak.
We wish to inform customers that as a result of the outbreak, some of our retailers are operating at reduced opening hours or opting to close until further notice.
Grocery stores and pharmacies remain open, however some of our stores are operating different opening hours:
As of Friday 20th March:
- Café Moda – closing today at 4pm, to remain shut until further notice
- JD Sports – Mon – Sat opening hours reduced to 10-530
- Select – Mon – Thurs 10-5, Fri and Sat 9-5 and Sun 11-3
- British Heart Foundation – closed until 4th April
- Greggs – operating a takeaway service only
- Cooplands – operating a takeaway service only
- New Look – closed from 5pm on Saturday 21st March until further notice
- Boots – closing between 1pm and 2pm daily
- Ladbrokes – closed until further notice
From Monday 23rd March:
- Library closure – except for the registry office, which will be by appointment only
- Making Memories with Tuffy’s – closed until further notice
- Material Girl – closing at 3pm until further notice
- The Works – closed
- TUI – by appointment only
- Mencap – closed
- Material Girl – closed
- Peacocks – closed
- Warren James – closed from Tuesday 24th March
- Lily’s Cards – closed
- Carphone Warehouse – closed from Tuesday 24th March
- Card Factory – closed
- Cardzone – closed
- Vodafone – reduced hours
- Superdrug – open usual hours but closed between 1pm-2pm
- Specsavers – Appointment only for emergencies
- Easy Barber – closed
- Bon Marche – closed
- Morgan’s Sweets – closed
- The Repair Place – closed
- Making Memories with Tuffys – closed
- Glitz – closed
All other stories are operating as normal. Please note this is a dynamic situation and this list may change.
We and our retailers will continue to follow all Government guidance.
We ask that all our customers and employees follow the guidelines from the Government so that we can all stay safe during this time.
We are unable to anticipate any timescales on how long this temporary change in service will be in place for. Please keep an eye on our Facebook page and our website for further information and announcements.
We apologise for the inconvenience however we must remain vigilant and ensure we do our utmost to prevent the spread of the virus.
This is a fast moving situation and we will continue to take the best advice from the relevant authorities and will update customers and employees with any further developments.
We hope all our customers keep safe and well, and advise them to contact us if they have any questions.